Most people have Arris Surfboard Router and don’t know how to log in to it. Even if you are one among them, then definitely you came on to the right place. In this article, we have covered everything including login, configuration, and maintenance tips as well. Now, let’s dive into the article without any delay.
Things Needed Before Accessing The Arris Surfboard Router
Before, knowing the login process, make sure to have these essentials handy.
1. Internet Connection
Firstly, ensure your internet connection is stable and offers high speed. Whereas if you are planning to go for a new connection, choose a reliable internet service provider who provides stable and fast internet.
2. Connect to Your Network
After establishing your internet connection, connect any devices like computers, laptops, smartphones, etc via Ethernet (or) WiFi. go for Ethernet, if you want a more stable and reliable internet connection.
3. Internet-Enabled Device
Once after connecting your device to the internet, open any browser such as Google, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and so on.
4. Router’s IP Address
An IP address is a unique string of characters given to every device connected to the internet. IP address varies from device to device and having it is very important to access the router.
- You can locate it on the back (or) bottom of the device.
- Else you can also refer to the user manual for extracting the default IP address.
5. Username and Password
Having a username and password is vital for logging into the router. You can easily extract them from the following:
- Back (or) bottom of the device.
- Refer to the user guide.
- Contact the customer care team.
- Go through the official website.
Now, you can easily login into the router once having all these things in hand.
Steps to Log in to Arris Surfboard Router
Follow these instructions to access your Arris Surfboard router.
- Step-1: Set up the hardware simply by following the instructions mentioned in the user guide (or) manual.
- Step-2: Now, charge the router for 10-15 minutes and continue with the login process once the lights turn on and remain green.
- Step-3: Connect any of your devices such as your laptop, smartphone, PC, etc to the internet and open any web browser like Safari, Google, Internet Explorer, etc.
- Step-4: Enter the default router’s IP address in the address bar to login into the web app. You can easily find the default IP address from the bottom (or) back of the device.
- Step-5: Enter default login credentials such as username and password once after landing on the login page and click on “Submit” to proceed further.
- Step-6: After logging in, you can simply access the admin page and configure various settings like changing default login credentials, security settings, and many more with a simple touch based on your preferences.
- Step-7: Finally, make sure to save all the changes before quitting the app. However, it is very important to log out from the web app to safeguard your network from unauthorized access. At last, click on “Logout” and close the browser.
How to Configure The Arris Surfboard Router
Simply, go along these steps to configure your router. Primarily, configuring your router is an important process to protect your network from cyber attacks (or) malicious activities.
1. Login to the Web App
Open any web browser from your internet-compatible device. Access the admin page by entering the default IP address in the address bar. Feed the login details via a preferred web browser.
2. Change Default Information
After landing on the admin page, you are free to change all the default details including the default IP address, username, and password. Essentially, you must change these default details as this information can be predicted easily.
3. Change Security Settings
You can enable all the advanced security features like firewall protection, WPA3 encryption, and so on as per your requirements. Just go to settings on the admin page and select the “Security” option under it. Make the required changes and click on “Apply” to save the modifications.
4. Enable Automatic Software Updates
Simply go to settings and click on “Firmware” to check for any new software updates. You can download and install new software on your router easily. You can enable the automatic software updates option to keep your router up to date.
5. Set Parental Controls
Click on the “Parental control” option under settings in the web interface. Select the websites, devices, and other content that must be blocked. Along with this, you may even set time limits to apply certain restrictions.
6. Advanced Settings
Besides the Basic Setup tab, you can navigate to the WAN setup, LAN setup, Wireless Setup, Firewall, and Utility tabs. Within each, you can adjust several settings. However, I suggest leaving them alone unless you know what you are doing.
7. Enable WPA3 Encryption
Simply navigate to “WPA3 encryption” (or) “Encryption” in the app’s security settings. Use this sophisticated security option to protect your network from cyber-attacks. Don’t forget to save your changes before logging out.
And that’s it, follow these instructions carefully to change the default settings of your router as per your home (or) business requirements. Moreover, always click on “Apply” to save the changes before logging out of the app. Otherwise, the changes will not be reciprocated. Additionally, log back into the app and see if the modifications have been restored successfully (or) not.
How to Reset Arris Surfboard Router
It is usually suggested to reset the modem when any kind of functioning issues emerge. When you choose the resetting option, keep all of the default information ready since all of the configured settings will be completely lost. Resetting the router often deletes all errors that have accumulated in the modem over time, clearing the memory.
- Firstly, turn off all the devices including computers, tablets, mobile, etc connected to your router.
- Next, locate the reset button on the device and press it gently using any ballpoint pen (or) a paper clip.
- Now, wait for the lights to turn off and give some time for the device to reset.
- The lights will turn on and the green light blinks brightly once the reset is completed.
- Right after resetting, your device has lost all its memory and returned to the default settings.
- Once again login to the router using the default username & password to configure the settings accordingly.
How to Maintain The Arris Surfboard Router
Here is a list of some tips and suggestions to maintain your router.
- Very importantly, never keep your router adjacent to any heat sources (or) under direct sunlight. Always keep it in a dry and clean place.
- Clean your router at regular intervals with a dry and soft cloth to remove dust and dirt. Don’t use any wet (or) damp cloth as it may damage the device.
- Don’t stick to the default login credentials. Change them after logging in as it may lead to cyber-attacks.
- Create a strong password and username after logging in to the user interface.
- Configuring is not a one-time process change your login details frequently to prevent unauthorized access to your network.
- Avoid using any sharp pointed objects like pins, needles (or) wires to press the reset button.
- Keep an eye on the cables, pulling (or) mishandling cables may damage them and result in connectivity issues.
- Approach Arris technical team if your network is unstable and facing connectivity issues for a longer duration.
Arris Surfboard Router – FAQs
Ans: As discussed in the article, just find the reset button on the router and press it gently with a paper clip (or) ballpoint pen. Hold it until the lights turn off and leave for 15-20 seconds to reset. Again the lights glow brightly once the reset process is completed.
Ans: It’s quite easy. You can get the default login credentials from the router itself. Usually, they are mentioned at the bottom (or) back of the device. You can even refer to the user manual (or) Arris website itself.
Ans: The default IP address for an Arris Surfboard router is usually 192.168.0.1 (or) 192.168.100.1. However, the specific IP address can vary depending on the model and configuration of your device.
Ans: If you get stuck on the admin panel’s login page, try using a different web browser. If that doesn’t help, try another device. However, if you forgot your password, you will need to reset your Arris router using the steps outlined above.
Ans: Resetting the router will delete all the configured settings and return the equipment to its factory settings. And hence the memory and errors will be erased. Whereas, rebooting the router is a quick process of turning off and on the router. This process will not have any impact on the settings at all.
Ans: You can view and change the following setting under the basic settings tab.
SSID: The name of the Wi-Fi network on your router
Security: Change WPA/WPA2 PSK parameters
WPS configuration: Enable/disable WPS and generate a device PIN code
Change your Wi-Fi password.
Ans: Simply, go over these steps to change your WiFi password.
Log in to the user interface from any web browser.
Navigate to the system basic setup located under the “Wireless” settings menu.
In the Wireless Network Name section, type the new WiFi name in the SSID field.
Once after feeding the new network name, click on “Apply” to save the changes.
Ans: You can also reset a router using the Arris web interface.
Log in to the Arris router using the Router IP of your model.
Navigate to the utility interface. This may differ depending on the model of your router.
Select the factory reset option to return the device to its default configuration.
Wait until the Arris router reset finishes, and that’s all.
Ans: This may happen due to various reasons.
This can be due to entering an incorrect username and password.
Network connectivity problems.
Your device is not updated with the firmware (or) new software.
Putting our final thoughts, we hope this article has covered all the important points related to login, configuration, resetting, and maintenance of your router. Go along these simple steps to access your router, else if you are unable to do it on your own, reach the technical team. The customer support team is open to assist you round the clock.