“An affordable and effective way to grill and enjoy Smokey flavoured food”
Charcoal grills are durable and portable grills that considered as the best option for outdoor cooking.
Compared to gas or electric grills, they will let you create multiple cooking zones and also provide higher cooking temperatures.
Before making the purchase, you have to keep these points in mind to grab the best and most-suited charcoal grill.
- Cooking Space: It is based on the size of your grill, how often you grill, what type of food you grill, and how many people you expect to serve, etc. So, choose based on your requirements.
- Grill Material: The charcoal grills are made with a variety of materials that include stainless steel, cast iron, and aluminium. Each type has its own set of pros and cons. But stainless steel is considered the most durable as it is rust-resistant.
Apart from these two key factors, there are various things you have to check before purchasing the charcoal grill, which we have mentioned in the below “Buying Guide”.
We have also shortlisted Best Charcoal Grills based on the same information. Check out the detail reviews below.
7 Best Charcoal Grills Table
7 Best Charcoal Grills Reviews
Weber Original Kettle Charcoal Grill is a pinnacle of exceptional grilling. With enduring quality, impressive heat retention, and easy upkeep, this grill elevates your culinary journey. The precision-crafted porcelain-enameled lid and bowl ensure consistent cooking, infusing flavors that tantalize taste buds. The innovative One-Touch cleaning system simplifies post-grilling maintenance, enhancing convenience. Whether you’re a novice or grilling expert, the user-centric design ensures ease of use, while adjustable dampers grant precise temperature control. From direct grilling to indirect cooking, this versatile grill accommodates diverse styles. With a legacy of resilience and outstanding performance, the Weber Original Kettle Charcoal Grill stands as an emblem of grilling excellence, promising years of flavorful gatherings and unforgettable meals.
- Porcelain-enameled design ensures consistent cooking.
- One-Touch system simplifies maintenance.
- Offers direct and indirect cooking options.
- Adjustable dampers for precise cooking.
- Built to last, maintaining performance over time.
- Adds appeal to outdoor spaces.
- Excellent heat retention enhances taste.
- Suitable for beginners and experts.
- Charcoal grilling is budget-friendly.
- Longer warm-up compared to gas grills.
Royal Gourmet CC1830S Charcoal Grill! Its spacious cooking area is ideal for grilling a variety of delicious foods, from juicy steaks to savory chicken. The added smoker infuses your dishes with a delectable smoky flavor, while the adjustable charcoal tray provides precise heat control. The built-in thermometer ensures perfect cooking results.
Convenience is paramount with handy front and side tables, offering ample workspace. Cleaning is a breeze with the removable ash tray, and the cool-touch handles prioritize safety. Effortless mobility is guaranteed with sturdy wheels.
Whether you’re a seasoned grill master or a newcomer, the Royal Gourmet CC1830S Charcoal Grill offers superb cooking performance and user-friendly features. Elevate your outdoor cooking experience and choose this exceptional grill for all your culinary endeavors.
- Ample room for various foods.
- Adds rich smoky flavor.
- Precise temperature control.
- Monitors cooking heat.
- Handy prep and serving space.
- Removable ash tray simplifies cleanup.
- Ensures safe handling.
- Easy mobility.
- Grill and smoke options.
- Smoky taste elevation.
- Adjustable settings.
- Gauge for accuracy.
- Prep and serve with ease.
- Hassle-free maintenance.
- Handles remain cool.
- May be too large for small spaces.
Cuisinart 14″ Portable Charcoal Grill is a small and light grill you can easily carry around. It’s about 14.5 inches wide, 14.5 inches long, and 15 inches tall, and weighs only 2 pounds. You can cook on a pretty big area, about 196 square inches. The grill uses charcoal to cook your food. It’s built to last with a special coating that keeps it safe from fire, and it has a tray to catch the leftover ash. You can control how hot it gets with two vents. There are three locks to keep the lid secure when you’re moving it. Whether you’re out camping, having a picnic, or just hanging out at home, this grill is great for making tasty food.
- Easy to carry for outdoor activities.
- 196 square inches for versatile grilling.
- Dual vents for temperature adjustment.
- Enamel-coated firebox for long-lasting use.
- Three locks ensure safe transport.
- Built-in ash catcher simplifies maintenance.
- Lightweight and compact for hassle-free transport.
- Imparts traditional smoky flavor to dishes.
- Affordable option for outdoor cooking.
- Requires handling and lighting charcoal.
The Char-Broil Offset BBQ Smoker 430 is a charcoal smoker tailored for outdoor cooking. Boasting a main cooking area of 290 square inches, supplemented by an additional 140 square inches in the firebox, it offers versatile cooking space. The smoker’s adjustable dampers grant control over heat and smoke, complemented by a top-mounted temperature gauge. Cleanup is simplified through its coated grates and ash removal door. The inclusion of a side shelf enhances practicality, while cool-touch handles ensure safety. Crafted from sturdy steel, the 38-pound smoker combines durability with manageability. Ideal for outdoor cooking aficionados seeking a balanced and functional smoking solution.
- Ample space with 290 sq. in. main chamber and 140 sq. in. firebox.
- Adjustable dampers for precise heat and smoke management.
- Built-in gauge for easy temperature monitoring.
- Porcelain-coated grates and ash removal door.
- Handy shelf for utensils and sauces.
- Cool-touch handles ensure safe handling.
- Ideal for various smoked dishes due to dual chambers.
- Charcoal smoking adds authentic smoky taste.
- Sturdy alloy steel construction ensures longevity.
- Adjustable dampers and temperature gauge provide cooking precision.
- Less portable due to dimensions and weight.
Fire Sense Notebook Charcoal Grill is an ideal companion for outdoor cooking enthusiasts. Crafted from robust high-heat-resistant steel, this grill combines durability with efficient heat distribution. What makes it special is its ingenious folding design that effortlessly reduces its size from 13 inches to a mere 1 inch in seconds, making storage easy.
Equipped with practical folding cooking grates, this grill offers both convenience and excellent cooking performance. Its cooking area measures 17.34 x 11.82 inches, providing ample space for your culinary creations. Weighing only 8 pounds, it’s perfect for adventures like camping and picnics.
Operating on charcoal, this grill infuses your food with that signature smoky flavor. It also comes with a 1-year warranty, underscoring its durability. More than just a grill, it’s a simple yet effective way to elevate your outdoor cooking experience.
- Transforms from 13″ to 1″ for easy storage.
- High-heat-resistant steel ensures long-lasting use.
- Folding cooking grates enhance convenience.
- Ample 17.34 x 11.82″ cooking space.
- Lightweight at 8 lbs, perfect for outdoor trips.
- Effortlessly folds for compact storage.
- Charcoal cooking adds a smoky taste.
- Built to last with durable materials.
- Swiftly goes from flat to ready to use.
- Lightweight design suits outdoor adventures.
- Cooking area might be small for larger gatherings.
Char-Griller Portable Kamado Charcoal Grill. Its 155 sq. inch cooking area accommodates various dishes, from quick grilling to slow cooking. Crafted from sturdy steel and equipped with cast iron grates, this grill ensures durability and excellent heat retention. The unique insulated design captures smoke and heat for tastier results with less charcoal. Thanks to adjustable dampers and a thermometer, you have control over cooking temperatures. Cleanup is a breeze with the removable ash pan. Whether you’re grilling steaks or smoking wings, this grill’s got you covered. For added convenience, consider the AKORN accessories.
- Ideal for grilling and slow cooking.
- Locks in smoke and heat for enhanced flavor.
- Sturdy steel and cast iron grates for durability.
- Adjustable dampers and thermometer for precision.
- Compact with handles for on-the-go use.
- Smoke-infused, tasty dishes.
- Resilient against weather.
- Removable ash pan for quick cleaning.
- Accurate cooking temperatures.
- Convenient for various outdoor settings.
- More charcoal consumption.
Masterbuilt presents the Gravity Series 560 Digital Charcoal Grill + Smoker. This grill offers diverse cooking options, from smoking and grilling to searing, baking, and roasting. It heats up quickly, reaching 225°F in 7 minutes and 700°F in 13 minutes.
The digital control panel, along with WiFi/Bluetooth connectivity, provides precise temperature control. The GravityFed charcoal hopper holds charcoal for over 12 hours of cooking, while the reversible cast-iron grates suit various cooking styles.
With 560 square inches of cooking surface, the charcoal hopper accommodates 10 lbs. of lump charcoal or 16 lbs. of briquettes. The temperature ranges from 225°F to 700°F, achieved within 7-13 minutes. The grill features a digital panel, connectivity options, versatile grates, a temperature gauge, and a meat probe. The Masterbuilt Gravity Series 560 simplifies cooking and enhances your culinary experience.
- Versatile cooking options including smoking, grilling, searing, baking, and roasting.
- Rapid heating, reaching 225°F in 7 minutes and 700°F in 13 minutes.
- Digital control panel for precise temperature adjustments.
- WiFi/Bluetooth connectivity for remote monitoring and control.
- GravityFed charcoal hopper holds over 12 hours of charcoal.
- Reversible cast-iron grates for varied cooking styles.
- Efficient heating for quick cooking.
- Long cook times without frequent charcoal refills.
- Accurate temperature control for consistent results.
- Versatile cooking grates catering to different needs.
- Remote monitoring adds convenience.
- Higher initial cost compared to basic grills.
Buying Guide For Charcoal Grills
A right charcoal grill will allow you to have control over temperature and its cooking process and thereby gives a perfectly grilled and tasty food. For this, you have to know what factors to consider while selecting the charcoal grill.
Have a look at the complete checklist of all the features and other considerations, one has to keep in mind when they are purchasing the charcoal grill.
1. Types of Charcoal Grills
In general, there are 4 main types of charcoal grills, which we observe in the market. They are kettle, barrel, ceramic or kamado and portable. Let’s know about them in detail.
- Kettle Charcoal Grills – A classic, rounded grill with a steel chamber on legs to hold the cooking grate and charcoal grate. It consists of a lid and chamber with vents to control the airflow into the grill while cooking. Even though, they lack whistles & bells but suits perfectly for an entry-level option (a basic) of grilling.
- Barrel Charcoal Grills – They looks like a half slice of a steel barrel and it has a lid and grate in the bottom of the chamber. It comes with both top & bottom vents along with a chimney (in some models). They provide an adequate amount of cooking space and the best option to smoke meat. This type of grill is rough, sturdy and well-built and also comes with generous warranties.
- Ceramic/Kamado Charcoal Grills – These egg-shaped, narrow grills will reduce the airflow on the food while cooking and thus prevent your steaks or meat from getting dry. Though this type of grill takes a longer time to heat up but holds and discharge the heat for a longer time when compared with a standard steel grill.
- Portable Charcoal Grill – This type of grills is lightweight, compact (size) with a small cooking surface, carrying handle, folding legs and has a built-in tabletop stand. When compared with cart grills, these are portable, small, and suits perfectly to use in camping or tailgating. Also, for off-grid grilling, these grills provide all the basic essentials.
2. Cooking Space
The available space (inches) on the grates/grill will let you know its cooking capacity. One may find small, medium and large-sized grills in the market.
- Small grills with a cooking capacity of 16 – 20 inches is suitable for a small family, up to 4 members. They are perfectly for occasional grillers.
- Medium-sized grills with a cooking capacity of 22 – 25 inches are best suited for a family with 5 – 7 members, who grill often.
- Large-sized grills with a capacity of above 25-inches are ideal for cooking food in large quantities at once for a large group of people (like 10+ members). They are especially useful in small get-togethers, and family parties to enjoy grilled food.
A few manufactures will specify the number of steaks or burgers their product can grill. Also, a grill with a larger cooking space will enhance its versatility and thereby comes with a dual-zone cooking environment.
We observe most grills have flat cooking surface while others have multiple tiers, which let you grill different types of food simultaneously at low and high heat, as per the food heating requirements. The other tier is used to keep food warm, whereas the remaining food cooks properly.
3. Grill Material
The charcoal grills are made with a variety of materials, from stainless steel/enameled steel to ceramic. Each type has its own set of pros and cons. While choosing the material of grill grates, nothing is wrong, as it completely depends on what type of food and how you want to cook.
Even though, they are made with various materials listing from stainless steel/enameled steel to cast iron or aluminum. If not concentrating on its construction, then it results in having rust spots, won’t retain heat and doesn’t last long.
4. Heat Control and Airflow
For proper cooking of food on a charcoal grill, you have to control its heat and temperature level. To do this, simply adjust the amount of oxygen the flames use to ignite. Whereas the chamber and vents in the hood are used for controlling the airflow. Here one will let oxygen reach inside the grill and another one to let fumes out for proper heating and cooking.
Also, raise or lower the charcoal and cooking grates on the grill, as it will let you control the distance between flames and food. Thus, you can easily control the heat. A grill having a lid (closed air-tight) will help to block its inside warmth and let you cook food at the right temperature with less use of charcoal.
Air vents are used to control the temperature and airflow on a charcoal grill while cooking (on both food and flames). One can find these vents either on the top or bottom of the grill. For instance, less air means low heat, and more air will let the fire burn hotter. So, you can adjust them as per your cooking requirement.
Grills having ventilation in the bottom will pull-in oxygen to maintain the charcoal hot and aids in perfect cooking. Whereas grills with top vents will pull out heated air away from the food. So, it suggested closing the top vents, as it traps the smoke inside the grill and thereby provides food with an amazing smoky flavor.
While preparing a single meal, the airflow will determine quality other than grill construction, quality of coal, and great grates. Thus, it let you feed a fire to flame as per your cooking item, for instance, set a medium heat to smoke ribs or roast a chicken slowly. So, the more vents for a grill, the better will be cooking.
We observe round-shaped classic charcoal grills will let keep the coal in the center of the bottom, especially below the cooking grate. This will produce indirect cooking surfaces around the outer edge.
Now we notice rectangular-shaped charcoal grills, but with different capacities (small or larger) and creates more clear cooking zones, which resembles a gas grill.
Versatility is a key factor to consider while purchasing charcoal grills. The reasonable temperature of a charcoal grill can range from 225° – 250°F (smoke sweet spot) to 600°F (perfect sear). The airflow provides you with the reins to this steed and thus you can control the grill effortlessly.
8. Adjustable/Customized Grates
A net-like cooking surface on the grill is termed as cooking grates. These should be durable and retain heat uniformly in all directions to grill/cook food properly. Stainless steel or cast-iron are common types of grill grates.
A lever or wheel on the grill will allow you to move the grates (or) bed up and down the coal (or) both. Also, it lets you have more cooking methods. A few manufacturers provide upgraded grates or you can purchase aftermarket grates.
9. Ease of Use
Always look for a charcoal grill that has overall ease of use and a thoughtful design like the easy opening of vents, steady sitting of grill racks, convenient hanging of hoods on its side. With these small things, you can easily turn a frustration or burnt fingers experience into a smooth, and pleasant one.
Also, having ease of adding or removing charcoal to the grill will help you to cook food tasty. Different models provide different types of access to charcoal. Also, a charcoal grill with easy access will let you control the temperature of the grill while operating.
10. Ease of Cleaning
Almost like after each cooking session, we notice charred pieces of food/grease stick to grill, ash basket, chamber or drawer fills up with ashes. A few charcoal grill grates are dishwasher-safe but it’s always best to do hand wash and dry them properly along with its chamber. In case, if your grill model allows you to pull out the drawer or basket, then it is easy to take out the ashes.
Ash is the main drawback of charcoal grills and to get rid of this problem, you can use ashtrays under the grill (or) ash pans on the side of the grill, in which you can remove and throw the ash out of the grill easily.
A few models of grill come with additional doors, which allows you to throw out the ash quickly without removing the food or grates on the grill. In case, if your charcoal grill is not having any ash removal feature, then it would be a problem to clean the grill.
11. Build Quality
The quality of your charcoal grill will let you know about the materials used, how they withstand intense heat and suits for heavy use. In general, the grills made with thick materials like cast iron, cast aluminum or heavy ceramic are considered the best choice and top-rated grills.
Also, grills made with thinner materials like chrome-plated or porcelain-coated grills can be used to perform the task but they won’t withstand high heat and not suitable for intensive usage.
Charcoal grills come with varying degrees of mobility (with its wheels). Like you may notice from models, which can be moved a few feet around your courtyard, to units that are designed and engineered to take it on the road.
13. Design & Appearance
In the olden days, the space of charcoal grilling is limited to the simple barrel and kettle-style grills. But now you can find a wide array of grills differing in their aesthetic and industrial design. So, with this increase in the diverse nature of the grilling space from traditional to contemporary models, you can easily select the one designed to blend into your home décor. So, you have to take this aesthetic factor into your account before makes its purchase.
Before making its purchase, one should consider this feature to know where to place and how often you use the grill. For example, choose a small, lightweight, and portable charcoal grill to take on camping trips or store them indoors (while not using) in the winter/cold season.
The price of charcoal grills will range from $50 – $2000 (or above). Its price is decided by its quality, brand, and features, like from low-end to high-end models. Before you prefer to buy the grill, you have to stick to your budget, which you set (afford) to spend on it.
Take a look at the overall models within your price range and check & compare the features like cooking surface, built-in construction, design, etc. Finally, select the one that suits perfectly for your requirement.
Another essential factor to take into consideration. Since we spend a few hundred dollars on this grill and for most people, it is like a one-time investment. So, you should be careful and check the products warranty provided by the manufacturer.
In general, there should be at least a 3 – 5 years warranty on the product and a few brands provide a 10-year (or lifetime warranty) on their product and thus has easy replacement parts (when wear-out). Also, check whether the manufacturer providing proper customer service or not by seeing the product reviews.
17. Special Features
Here are some special features that let you have easy, effortless and effective grilling. Have a look at them to know what are those.
- A rack on the bottom of the grill for easy storage of charcoal
- Removable ash bin for easy clean-up.
- Smoker trays
- Attached shelf to hold the food
- Thermometer near grate level to check temperature level while cooking.
- Hooks on the sides for hanging utensils.
- Some adjustable racks.
18. Lump Vs Briquettes
The charcoal is available in two main varieties – lump and briquettes. Both of these types are made by burning wood in an oxygen-controlled environment and the left-over carbon turns into charcoal.
As per grilling experts, the lump is the purest form of charcoal, whereas briquettes are processed into uniform shape and may contain additives or lighter fluid. One can easily differentiate them by their shape and the way they generate heat (heat-generating process)
However, lumps burn hotter than briquettes but their irregular shape makes them unpredictable. Like no two pieces of the lump will burn in the same way and produce heat similarly. While coming to briquettes, which are uniform in shape and offers reliable heat output and suits perfectly for slow and long cooking.
Note: You can choose the charcoal depending on what type of food you’re grilling on it. For instance, use lump charcoal to enjoy an earthy smoke flavour.
Tips to Maintain the Charcoal Grill
Besides buying and using the charcoal grill, you have to know how to maintain it properly to enhance its working lifespan. Take a look at some essential tips used to maintain the charcoal grill.
- Cooking grates have to be cleaned before and after every use. This brushing will make them free of cooked-on gunk and wipe off with a wet rag.
- To prevent food from sticking to the grate, you have to oil them after heating and before placing/cooking anything on it.
- Though it is necessary to empty the ash box after every use, but you should not do it immediately. It’s better to let ash cool down completely, which may take at least 12 hours after cooking.
- Also, check the ash before dumping it into a trash can or garbage bag, why because if the ash catcher is warm then the ash inside it becomes a fire hazard.
- Never use water to quickly extinguish the ashes. As water when mixed with ash, it turns to sodium and potassium hydroxide, which collectively called lye – caustic alkalines that burns flesh.
- Also, you should never let the charcoal grill damp in the rain. The same lye will corrode the metal faster. So, let the ash cool down completely and prefer to place the grill in a garage with a cover on its top.
- Avoid using charcoal grills in a closed space, as charcoal burning will release carbon monoxide (odorless, deadly gas). In case, if you use the grill outside, then it diffuses into the air, whereas used indoors, it overwhelms and kills you within minutes.
- Protect your charcoal grill from harsh weather by using a grill cover while storing or not using it.
- The larger the grilling area, the better you create a 2-zone cooking setup. This lets you move the food from the hot flame area (hot charcoals) to a cool flame area (low heat charcoals) for proper cooking.
- The left-over ash on the grill will act as an insulator and increases the grill heat-up time and food cooking time. So, choose the one that has an easy to remove ashtray for disposing of ash quickly from the grill.
Grilling Tools and Accessories Required for Charcoal Grills
You will need to have some tools and accessories while cooking in charcoal grills, to make your cooking experience safe, easy and effective. Check out what are that equipment.
Have a look at some essential accessories for perfect cooking in charcoal grills.
There is no instant push-button starter for a charcoal grill and its lighting is not as easy as gas or electric grills. Since you have to lit coals initially and for this, a charcoal chimney starter is a perfect tool to get charcoal (lump or briquettes) to catch fire easily and quickly.
You can also place a firelighter or two (or) ball up some newspaper under a full chimney of coal to light it. You will observe glowing red coals within 15 minutes, which are ready to pour into the grill for cooking food. So, in this way, you can ignite the charcoal grill in a simple, and effective by saving huge time.
While dealing with any type of grill, one should be conscious of their hot surfaces/handling of hot stuff. The risk is even more while using charcoal grills. As one has to handle the chimney, which is full of hot coals to start the process.
Also, you have to move the cooking grates around to re-fill with more charcoal in the middle of the cooking process (if needed). This makes the fire chamber and lid get hot and while turning, adding or removing food, your hands will be close to the flames and they may get burnt easily (if you’re not conscious). So, we recommend you wear a pair of heat-resistant grilling gloves while cooking on any type of grill.
To control the temperature of the grill, you can use these adjustable dampers, which help in the intake and exhaust of gases from the grill. A minimum of 2 dampers is essential for the grilling process – simply ignite the coals from the intake damper (or) extinguish the coals from the exhaust damper.
The cooking process on a grill involves adding, turn over and remove the item. For this, one should need at least a spatula and BBQ tongs. To make cooking easier, you have to invest in some grilling tools. Take a look at them.
The inside temperature of a charcoal grill can range from 200°F – 750°F. So, to make your dish cook perfectly, you need to know the temperature level and also the ability to control the temperature in the grill. For this, you should choose a grill with thermometers.
It is not good to rely on a built-in lid thermometer. So, go for a dual probe smoker and grill thermometer to monitor the temperature of your grill and the internal temperature of food. It is one of the best indispensable tools to have while grilling.
Irrespective of the type of grill you’re using, you have to clean the grates every time after cooking. To complete this task, you need a good grill brush but choose the one free from bristles. The reason is that they might be a chance of consuming a wire bristle unexpectedly if you didn’t clean the cooking grates properly. So, avoid a grill brush with bristles.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Ans: A charcoal grill has a metal/ceramic container to hold burning charcoal in its bottom. Place the metal grate in the center of the container, just above the charcoal. Then put the food you want to cook on this metal grate, which is termed as a cooking surface. Close the lid of a container while cooking, as it will help to hold the heat.
Here the direct heat from the charcoal will burn the bottom of the food, whereas indirect heat will circulate heat throughout the grill and cook food evenly. In case, if you want to use direct heat for your cooking, then simply remove the lid of the grill.
Ans: A chimney starter is the best tool used to light a charcoal grill. It is a metal cylinder which you stuff with newspaper filled with light and charcoal. When once you find the charcoal is hot, you have to dump them into the grill. Thereby all other coals got heated up and light your grill.
Also, use a charcoal igniter, another device comes with a heat fan. Place it directly on the charcoal and this will heat up within a few minutes.
Ans: Yes, they do add some flavor to your food while cooking on it. But you have to choose the right charcoal variety for your grill to get a rich, deep taste to your food. Here the quality and the quantity of the coals in a charcoal grill will help you to create different cooking zones. Either like cooking directly over coals or move to less hot coals for smoky taste and gentle cooking. Thus, most people believe that grilling over charcoal will generate an authentic taste for their food.
Ans: Inhaling any kind of smoke in large quantities can be dangerous, as they release carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide, which can cause health/breathing problems and may lead to death if inhaled in large quantities. Also, smoke from a few types of charcoal (& its quality) has hazardous byproducts. So, always choose the right type and best quality charcoal and use charcoal grills outside/open area.
Ans: We can prepare various dishes on this charcoal grill. Simply, take your grill tongs and use them to make hot dogs, burgers, sausage, kabobs, roast chicken, steak, turkey, mushrooms, onions, etc.
Ans: However, it is essential to clean the grill regularly by removing the coal ashes. As per experts, you should deep clean the grill using a grill cleaner for at least once every 2 months. Also, make sure to clean the food debris from the cooking surface by using a grill brush before you start cooking.
Ans: Most of us are curious to know how long does this charcoal grill last. All you need to know is proper usage and regular maintenance will enhance their lifespan. If you are performing both of these, your charcoal grill will last for about 10 years (or more).
Ans: It is just-like a barbecue cooking technique, where you place the food to the side or above the heat source, rather than placing it directly over the flame. For this grilling process, you require a little more space to revolve food around splitting the grilling area. Thus, it has a separate place for charcoal and food and you can place food on the opposite side to hot coal. (or) you can place food in the center with coal on the sides.
Choose from the above best-selling brands of charcoal grills. Make sure to include the features we have told you in the above buying guide. All this will help you have a great cooking experience while grilling at your backyard or outdoor patio.
Since WEBER is the most popular brand in the grilling industry. Thus, our advice for you will be to go for WEBER CHARCOAL GRILL. You, get a sufficient cooking area of 363 sq.in, that allows you to create 2-zone cooking easily.
Also, its Rust-Resistant Aluminium damper helps in better controlling the heat and temperature of your grill.
Last but not the least, the free BILT APP provides you interactive 3D assembling video of your grill. You don’t get this feature in other brands.